Full Spectrum Doula Care
Prenatal and Birth
- Two or three prenatal consultations to get to know the client, discuss birthing preferences, prepare a birth plan, and practice positions and relaxation techniques.
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout pregnancy and early postpartum.
- Provide counseling on nutritional and herbal remedies to strengthen the womb and ease prenatal discomforts.
- On-call 24/7 from week 37 of pregnancy until birth.
- Attend labor continuously, providing physical comfort, emotional support, and information to assist in decision-making.
- Help partner(s)/support people by offering suggestions, information, affirmation, and reassurance.
- Serve as a liaison between client and medical staff—establishing rapport and reminding them of the client’s preferences.
- Assist with initiating chest/breastfeeding and other early postpartum needs.
- Available by phone and email to answer any questions the client has during their postpartum time and to offer referrals for other resources as needed.
- Provide one follow-up visit at the hospital or your home within the first weeks postpartum to review the clients birth experience and answer any questions you have.
- Chest/breastfeeding and lactation counseling.
- Provide education on infant soothing techniques, newborn care (i.e. bathing, diapering), baby-wearing etc.
- Offer counseling on nutritional and herbal remedies to cleanse the womb for postpartum healing.
- Support older children adjust to new family dynamics and care-taking while parent(s) and new baby sleep, shower, step out of the home, etc.
- Assist with light housework and household organization related to the care of the baby, and help prepare nourishing meals and snacks.
- Available by phone and email to answer any questions the client has during postpartum time and to offer referrals for other resources as needed.
Abortion and Perinatal Loss
- One or two meetings prior to the procedure to develop an abortion or perinatal loss plan and practice stress relief and relaxation techniques.
- Offer logistical support and information on where and how to get safe reproductive health services.
- Provide counseling on nutritional and herbal remedies for womb healing.
- Attend the procedure continuously, providing physical comfort, emotional support, and information to assist with decision-making.
- Help partner/support people, offering suggestions, information, assistance, and reassurance.
- as a liaison between client and medical staff—establishing rapport and reminding them of the client’s preferences.
- Provide aftercare counseling on approaches to trauma healing and empowered wellness.
- Available by phone and email to answer any questions during your recovery time and to offer you referrals for other resources as needed.
Reiki / Energy Clearing
Reiki is an energy-based treatment that originates from ancestral lineages founded in Buddhist monastic practices from East Asia, where the first practitioners wanted to engage in a modality of healing that was free from religion and social systems, so that it could be accessible to all. Reiki aims to allow us to engage in a compassionate and sensitive understanding of our own body’s energy network, capacity, cultivation, and history in order to incite healing. Reiki has been historically used amongst families, individuals, and even medical providers as supplemental every day wellness and supportive to medical care treatments or interventions. Benefits of reiki include letting go of unwanted energy, inviting new energy, resetting energy misalignment, clearing energy blockages, physical/mental reflection in places that may need self-care in the body and spirit, strengthening of one’s aura/energy field, and cultivating your compassion/metta with others and the world.
Reiki session is approximately 60-90 minutes and are sliding scale of $50-$200 per session. They are complete with a guided meditation, metta meditation, full body reiki session & energy consultation.
Plant Spirit Medicine / Consultations & Custom Mixtures
Plant spirit medicine honors the sentient existence of our plant community members as teachers and healers. Taught through direct apprenticeship of my plant allies and medicine women ancestral spirits, I work with the spirit of plants to facilitate deeper holistic healing. Plant spirit medicine is inherently non-hierarchical. The ultimate goal is to empower others with the tools to heal themselves, others, and live in deeper connection to the web of creation.
A plant spirit medicine consultation is approximately 90-120 minutes and are sliding scale of $60-$300 per session. A session includes an energetic clearing, reading and customized medicine. Based on Afro-taino knowledge, the material parts of plants (herbaceous and flowering parts, stems, roots) can be crafted with alcohol, oil, essences, food, and more, for external, internal, and ceremonial applications.
Abolition Now: Doulas as Catalysts in Carceral Health
Integrating Reproductive Justice into Comprehensive Sexuality Education
Student Midwifery 101: Black Midwives Will Save Us
Uterine Health Services
Family As Resistance: Re-Envisioning Family Ecology & Un/Learning Family Structures
Labors of Love: Complexities of Self-Healing in Community Care
Matching External and Internal Organization Politics and Values: Anti-Oppression Training & Guidance
Cosmic Waters: Making Your Own Agua Florida
Healing with Ancestral Plant Spirits
Plant Spirit Communication (For youth)